This version replaces the bigger Stems and Routers by what can be called "all-off" versions : it means that the stems will load with all bus sends "off-dsp" (deactivated), except bus line 1 which is generally used for the main mix.
It is an essential update for Xite, as deactivating some DSP ressources for loading the device can be enough to save a big amount of time and stress.
The device loads with a reduced "DSP-footprint" (about 50% on the Stem 247, ie 1.5 DSP) , which makes it much easier for xite to load the device. Then, only bus sends that are needed will be activated when the user needs them.
The first bus line being active by default, it allows to use the device immediately, as the first bus line is generally for the mix channel, while other lines are for auxiliary effects or sub groups, and therefore not always active.
The 4 following devices have been updated accordingly:
About your older projects:
- Normally, it shouldn't be a problem to have xite load an old project with the new version. It will reactivate the bus dsp on project reload.
- You can save a preset in with the "old" stem/grouper, and load it in the latest version of the device.
- Note that, since version 1.04, these devices use a new set of parameters and are not backward compatible in terms of presets.
- Definitive Sidechaining technics
- Using the Modulation Mod's Inputs
- Core vs not Core ?
- Control more than 119 parameters
- How to use the RS pad ?
- Using MF12-S in Modular Mixer
- Mastering Modular Mixer SideChainers
- Group Channels
- Crossfading effects in MB7
- Connections Tutorial
- Sidechaining in Modular Mixer
- Types of Channels
- DSP Management
- Stems - Toolbar and Channels
- List of components