This new pack brings a lot of new modules, opening the way for much more flexible mixing routings.
V 1.07: What's new?
10 new modules and 3 updates.
G82K (V and H versions) : K for Kompact version of this grouper, with sends hidden on a secondary surface, to help save screen estate
Stems and Routers
All stems have been renamed in order to include "stem" in the module's name.
While v 1.06 brought the new stem 245 module, version 1.07 brings the 5-bus-lines to routers as well.
The new R205 router allows 20 channels, and is mainly made to allow to add a few groups to a 16 channel setup.
You can now create mixers with the following channel count and still have sends on each channels.
- 16, 20, 24, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48 (and more .. as the channel count is dependant on dsp ressources, any multiple of those numbers is achievable too, a 96 or 192 channel mixer is no problem for he who has the dsp for it (as well as screen space, as it becomes a big mixer, vertically)
It is difficult to do better than MB7, but not impossible. The "Mix" Master bus are like mixers specialized in being the last module of the network. Each channel can be a group or an aux, or anything else. Mix 5 and Mix 7 are also very simple as they are made to be straightforward, light, and without tons of options. They are just 5 or 7 channels with gain, 3 inserts and a 6/12dB HiPass filter. In comparison to MB7 they don't include any channel send or bleedover, nor all the aux output options, and are therefore used in a very classic way. Take the "Mix" versions of the Master Bus as an over simplified version of a spacef-master bus, which aims at the lowest DSP "footprint" as possible.
Both mixers' background can be changed from a colorful one (using colors of a 7 or 5 bus sends) to a more classic blue-grey background.
Mix 7 colors can be set to match a 5-bus-lines stem or router, while the 2 extra channels can be groups from G82 or any other mix or grouper device.
To use external effects as Aux with Mix 7/5, just use an external effect insert, to be able to create the routing you want to any mono or stereo aexternal effect.
The new modulator is a great update in terms of functions as well as in term of look.
- 3 LFOS including one VariSpeed LFO (rate of the LFO modulable by other modulators)
- Crossfaded EF: Envelope follower which source can be crossfaded between 2 sources (for ex, crossfade between a fast and slow LFO, or 2 different gate sequences). Crossfader can be modulated. Each modulation can be reversed ( multiply by -1) and has individual level attenuation (like multiply by [0-100%] ).
- Add/Substract; this is the same "Adder" found on MultiSynth and LBH. You can add 2 modulations, and each modulation can be reversed ( multiply by -1) to create a substraction, and has individual level attenuation (like multiply by [0-100%] ) .
- Includes 4 modulation inputs, to use in the Crossfaded EF and Adders.
3rd vu meter was inverse on the following devices. Now fixed.
- Definitive Sidechaining technics
- Using the Modulation Mod's Inputs
- Core vs not Core ?
- Control more than 119 parameters
- How to use the RS pad ?
- Using MF12-S in Modular Mixer
- Mastering Modular Mixer SideChainers
- Group Channels
- Crossfading effects in MB7
- Connections Tutorial
- Sidechaining in Modular Mixer
- Types of Channels
- DSP Management
- Stems - Toolbar and Channels
- List of components