The RS pad is one of the numerous connection option found on the modular mixer, which has been implemented for one specific reason.
The RS pad allows to link the "Reset Margin" button of all mixers that have their RS pad connected together. Clicking one of the button, will reset the Vu meter margin display of all mixers at once.
But, it is only when you want to remote control a few functions of the mixer, with a hardware controller, that you would better connect the RS pad: because it will only take 1 button of the remote controller hardware, to reset the vu margin of any mixer of the project, or in other words, only 1 Midi CC.
Moreover, you are still able to assign a different midi channel to any other mixer module of the project, because, once it is linked, it is free of any midi channel or CC information.
How to use:
- Assign a midi CC to one of the "Margin Reset" button of a module in the network, and then connect the RS pads of all mixers together. That's it, and now, when you press the hardware controller button, it activates the Margin Reset button of the receiving mixer, and then the RS pad passes the information to all other connected mixers. It is just as if you had pressed the "Margin Reset" button of all mixers at the same time, using a single midi CC.
Of course, you can choose not to use the RS pad, and so the reset margin button will not be linked, and you will be able to use a different configuration as you see fit.
- Definitive Sidechaining technics
- Using the Modulation Mod's Inputs
- Core vs not Core ?
- Control more than 119 parameters
- How to use the RS pad ?
- Using MF12-S in Modular Mixer
- Mastering Modular Mixer SideChainers
- Group Channels
- Crossfading effects in MB7
- Connections Tutorial
- Sidechaining in Modular Mixer
- Types of Channels
- DSP Management
- Stems - Toolbar and Channels
- List of components