A new "Core Installer" is available in the user area. It adds a few modules like sidechainers and other goodies, as well as a few updates here and there.
It especially allows a single download without the need to add the 4 or more updates.
1. Added modules
SC-Fast 102 and 122
They are the same sidechainer modules as before, but with an attack that goes down to 4 samples (0.1 ms). These allow to nullify the envelope folower attack time when using modulators like AHD, ADSR, or even LFO. However, the minimum attack setting when you feed audio, should be above 0.9 ms and probably should be around 1 / 1.5 ms to avoid distortion due to the envelope follower following every shape inside a wave file, which creates distortion-like sound.
SC 244, 164, 124, 104
Those sidechainers are really the point in this new install. They go beyond sidechaining by including monophonic AHD and ADSR inside the module itself. These envelopes are midi, have keyzones, and are multi-timbral (can be used on same or different midi channel). The SC-xx4 also have 1 envelope follower and a mixer which is fantastic to mix all modulations together, to create sidechaining and "pumping" that change of shape every x beat (up to 4 modulations), and allows to create new rythmic patterns in a straightforward way.
Those new sidechainer are a great update soundwise: by offering the quickest and strongest amplitude modulators in scope, it delivers clear and contrasted modulations, which results in a more obvious effect adapted to all club styles. Another great feature, is to allow users to build a default project in the audio-sequencer, with 1 midi channel that will control sidechaining, and that will be tempo-based without further effort. Moreover, the midi signals are extremely fast and precise (1/3 of a millisecond attack/decay time on the AHD). Both AHD and ADSR can be outputted to other devices as audio-signal. It can be channels, modular patches, or any other device that has external audio-modulation inputs. Like all audio-modulators, do not connect them to synth oscillators or to your speakers, to avoid damages.
Check this video which quickly shows how it works and what is the result(s) of mixing the AHD with the ADSR.
- 2 midi notes are moved an octave up
- the sidechainer keyzones are modified accordingly to get two distinct signals from the AHD and the ADSR
- then they are mixed together
- then ADSR is modified to show how it affects the rythms of the drums and bass.
- notice how fun is the stereo effect you quickly hear when I switch the sources from 1 to 4.
The "SCxx4" modules are used exactly like in this article, except that you use midi instead of audio, to kick a virtual "kick" made with the envelope generators.
This is simply the G82/G62 as simple mixer channels.
A router for 10 channels and 7 sends was requested by a user. I thought it would be more flexible to make one with 12 channels.
AHD and ADSR were really missing from the modulator area, to remote control filters and other devices.
Contains the new switch on the main outputs, which allows to switch from master to any other input of the master bus.
- Vu meters on 8SL were not well aligned. Fixed.
- the 1.1 install contains all previous updates.
- The user area "update" section has been redesigned to reflect those changes. Updates are now categorized in a clear way with a folder per core install. For example, updates and add-ons for this version will be added in the folder "Update to v1.1".
- Core install v 1.1 is available in the user area as a two part "rar" download.
- Please check "How to download Modular Mixer"if you are not familiar with winrar or multiple parts zips.
- Some of the new modules are pictured here in the Gallery
- Definitive Sidechaining technics
- Using the Modulation Mod's Inputs
- Core vs not Core ?
- Control more than 119 parameters
- How to use the RS pad ?
- Using MF12-S in Modular Mixer
- Mastering Modular Mixer SideChainers
- Group Channels
- Crossfading effects in MB7
- Connections Tutorial
- Sidechaining in Modular Mixer
- Types of Channels
- DSP Management
- Stems - Toolbar and Channels
- List of components